We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access

Waldorf, Maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
Internet access

I am vacationing in southern Nags Head, close to Pea Island. I need internet access, but my rental does not offer it. Are there any internet access points nearby?

nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access

You can stop by Village Realty and use the "internet cafe" or just sit on the front porch. There is a public wifi network. Tons of places have wifi if you buy something - McDonalds and Front Porch coffee at milepost 10.5 are two that come to mind.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access

A couple of years ago we had a rental with out internet and there is(or was) a company down there that you can get internet from by the week. I cant remember the name. Hopefully someone from down that way can help you.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access

I am not sure where you are staying, south Nags Head is a good ways from Pea Island. South Nags Head is very void of commercial anything so finding a wifi spot will require you to travel. A good spot would be to go the the Outer Banks Pier and log on at the bar of Fish Heads there.

Another option is get your own wifi for the week. If your rental has Charter Cable as the TV source, and most do, you can contact www.renternetusa.com/weekly.htm and get them to hook you up. They are a great company and totally reliable.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access

OBX, yes this is the company I was referring to.

Waldorf, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. We are at MP 21 which is between Nags Head and Pea Island (at least in my mental map :)).

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access

More correctly that is South Nags Head. Enjoy! Nice beach down there too!!!

7. Re: Internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head