We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
188 reviews
Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

I'm taking my 92 year old grandfather to Nags Head and would like any advice on restaurants with good food that are priced fair (nothing fancy). The type of food isn't as much of a concern as he eats all styles. Any help would be appreciated!

Waldorf, Maryland
3 posts
1. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

We really like the Outer Banks Brewing Station in Kill Devil Hills. Fair price is a relative thing - but here is their menu page with prices - http://www.obbrewing.com/menus/ . The food is excellent and we thought it was well worth the prices.

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
2. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Henry's in Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Grill

richmond
Level Contributor
972 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Sam and Omies in Nags Head. An institution.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,725 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

I second Sam and Omies, especially for breakfast. I'd throw in Blue Moon Beach Grille and South Beach Grille as well, both in Nags Head.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
432 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

I would like at the rankings for restaurants in Trip Advisor. They are very accurate. Blue Moon and Kill Devil Grill are the best for food on the beach but go really early to avoid a long wait. There are several restaurants on the sound that have a pretty sunset. It also depends on where you are staying. Driving from Duck or Corolla to Nags Head or Manteo is a pretty long drive for dinner. The Nags Head pier is our favorite place for breakfast.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
992 posts
152 reviews
6. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

We ate at the Kill Devil Hills grill today for lunch and you can't beat it for food quality, value and price. It's busy, doesn't take reservations, but the food is outstanding and don't miss the desserts. Our table had the strawberry shortcake (huge), keylime pie, and the apple crisp ala mode. All were great.

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Given your father's age (I do a trip out every week with my 93 yr old mother) I would suggest Owen's or Miller's in Nags Head, or Basnight's on the causeway. These are traditions.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
136 reviews
8. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Tail of the Whale and order off the lighter fare menu. They have the best fried shrimp on the beach.

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

Forgot to mention, if you go at 5 p.m., many of these places have early bird prices.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
282 reviews
10. Re: Need advice on restaurants with good food and fair price

You got some great advice from the previous posts...... Basnight's is on the Causeway to Manteo and provides a great meal and a view and because it is large you almost never have to wait..... High marks from our family.

Get answers to your questions about Nags Head