We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/resort

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
899 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/resort

Looking for a hotel or resort that is on the beach has a pool or two and walkable to some restaurants/things to do.

richmond
Level Contributor
945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/resort

Except for walkable the Sanderling Inn in Duck fits the bill. A 10 minute drive south would put you in the heart of Duck with plenty to do. Check out www.townofduck.com Sorry I didn't see that you posted in the Nags Head forum and not the general OBX forum.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 18:49
nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/resort

We don't really have any resorts in the "all-inclusive" way that you are probably looking for. The closest thing I can think of would be Croatan Surf Club. It is located on the oceanfront, has a large outdoor pool, plus an indoor pool and a sunken hot tub. It is within walking distance of a few restaurants - Goombays is a good one - and a short cab ride to everything in Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head. Another option is First Flight Retreat. It has a smaller pool, but is closer to "downtown" Kill Devil Hills and you could probably walk to get anything you need.

I know less about hotels, but just had a friend tell me that Shutters on the Banks was a great experience. They are located near First Flight Retreat, also on the oceanfront.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/resort

Yes, Maslin is correct in that we don't have a resort area like what you are thinking of. Pirates Cove comes as close to it as it gets here, but they are closed off from the rest of the area. You need to look at condos or hotels and Croatan Surf Club, First Flight Retreat, Shutters, Sea Ranch, and the dozen others that are oceanfront should be worth a look. You will find them all pretty much booked up at this late date so your choices will be very limited.

4. Re: Hotel/resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head
Recent Conversations