We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

Michigan
14 posts
What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

We saw the news of the new sand cliff but haven't read any updates. We were wondering can you still go on the beach?

4 replies to this topic
MD
Level Contributor
838 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

Based on this conversation and some photos posted from this week, it appears the ocean has smoothed things out quite nicely - obxconnection.com/outer-banks-forum/…

Level Contributor
816 posts
2. Re: What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

there are many miles of beach, so even if one area is not the best, walk a bit up or down the beach and another section is perfect! tomorrow, with wind and tide, situation might be reversed.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
136 reviews
3. Re: What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

I went by there last Saturday and people are whipping it up too much and making way too much out of it. It is a small area, first of all, and there were people on the beach there. It will smooth out more and more as time passes. I wish I had gotten a picture but it was not all that dramatic so I just didn't bother. It did the same thing last year about the same time and it all smoothed out. In that area there is the Sea Foam motel and maybe 7-8 houses so it is just a small area of a very long 50+ mile beach.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 15:27
woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
837 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon

OBX(Tim) That's what I was afraid of ,that it was in front of the Seafoam. We're headed there next weekend (the 17-20) but it sounds like if it's still bad in front of the hotel we could just move further down the beach? Is that correct? However, my son ,I'm sure will think it's a blast to jump down the cliff if it's still there. So I'll just hope for the best!

Reply to: What is going on with the "New Cliff"...? Heading there soon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head