We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

southernliving.com/travel/…view-all

100 Best Restaurants in the South

5 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

Has anyone been there? I hope to go soon.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

Never been to the restaurant, but have been to a fundraiser event that Vivian Howard was the head chef.....it was fantastic. Wife has been to restaurant and loved it.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

We should plan a meet and greet.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

Well deserved. It's a little awkward to get to if you're not planning on spending the night. It is a bona fide destination restaurant

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list

We discovered the magic of the Chef & Farmer through their other restaurant the Boiler Room Oyster Bar and the PBS series Chef's Life.

While doing research for a good oyster restaurant during our bi-annual vacations to Topsail...I thought the Boiler Room would be worth a visit. During this visit we were informed about the PBS series the Chef's Life and Chef and the Farmer. I am in love with all...I have the DVD's from all three seasons. If you haven't watched you should, they give a wonderful presentation, information about Chef Vivian, her husband, family, the restaurant, friends and Eastern North Carolina etc...I can watch repeated episodes and always note something different.

March we do the Boiler Room only and October we do apps. at the Boiler Room and dinner at the Chef and Farmer.

You will have to make reservations for the Chef and Farmer. The Boiler Room has daily food and drink specials...we go on Tuesday for the $1 raw oysters on the half shell and other delights. I also enjoy finding and seeing locations, stores,etc. from the Chef's Life.

Reply to: Chef & the Farmer on Southern LIving's top 100 list
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kinston
Recent Conversations