We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding...

Chicago
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding...

I have 2 places in mind...1~ Equine Adventures in Hatteras OR 2~ Outer Banks Riding Stables. Does anyone know anything about either place?? I cannot seem to find any information on Outer Banks Riding Stables aside from a phone number and that it is by the Cedar Island Ferry...does anyone know how far that is from KDH?? I know Hatteras is about an hour and a half which is no big deal for us to drive since they have 2-3 hr tours. Any info anyone has would be appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Hatteras Island
Hatteras Island
Outer Banks, NC
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding...

The Cedar Island ferry is south of Ocracoke, and I think it's a good 2 hour ride once you drive down and take the first ferry to Ocracoke. I would not suggest going there for a day trip from KDH.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding...

I have read good reviews on Equine Adventures, There is another on Ocracoke , he is on the Highway going into town. Called Morning star stables

The other you mentioned is quite a distance from the Outer Banks and knowing that area there are no beaches to ride on there

Mentioned in this post
Equine Adventures
Equine Adventures
226 Reviews
Hatteras Island, NC
Ocracoke
Ocracoke
Outer Banks, NC
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Chicago
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding...

Tank you both for the info!! I will look up Morning Star :)

4. Re: Horseback Riding...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
More Kill Devil Hills Topics