We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Flight Airport Noise?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
First Flight Airport Noise?

Can't imagine this is much of a factor, but considering a rental close to the airport and some in my party concerned about the noise. Seems like some very small planes travel in or out of there and I suspect hours are pretty limited?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Flight Airport Noise?

KFFA is limited to daylight operation only. Some days there are a dozen in and out as it is a huge destination for new and student pilots, I flew there on my 1st long distance solo flight back in 1995. The planes are overhead maybe 30 seconds and gone. Being a pilot I love it and it would be a plus for me, but I have never heard any complaints from renters. The tour planes don't fly in and out of there anymore so you have just as many plane flying over you, at the beach pulling banners and tour planes and planes flying north or south, as you do near the airstrip. Some days there will be none and only sun up to sunset.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 14:19
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Flight Airport Noise?

Great ! Kinda what I expected. Hopefully more at sunset than sun rise! I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. Take care and enjoy those flights!

3. Re: First Flight Airport Noise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
Recent Conversations
More Kill Devil Hills Topics