We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

I am looking to travel to OBX (any part) in late May with my dog. We are looking for an ocean front, ocean view, non flea bag hotel/motel. Most places I've found that allow dogs require you to stay on the first floor which means either a parking lot or sand dune view. I'd love to find some place that allows dogs on upper level rooms and isn't a dump! I currently have a reservation at the John Yancey Inn in the Sea Building which appears nice, but I'm weary due to recent reviews. My dog is clean, doesn't sleep on beds or furniture (in his own little bed) and I'm a great owner. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

Brought our dogs three years in a row to great houses in Duck. It was a bunch of years ago but I think it was through twiddy. You can do a search of dog friendly houses on most of the rental agency houses. All were close to beach, very clean and updated and had pools. One also had a great volley ball court out front. Wish I could remember the street they were on. I will ask my sister in law, she lives in Duck.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 13:39
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

Thanks, but I'm just looking for a hotel/motel for a few days - I don't have enough time off to rent a house for the week.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

Flea-Bag is in the eye of the beholder so I won't answer that one.

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

The Ramada is dog friendly - my family stayed there a few years ago and they said they enjoyed it.

I'll be there fri-mon; I'll post on here and let you know what I think.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

John Yancey Inn , They have several types of room that are pet friendly, We staid there last your, Nothing fancy but clean

K M
PM, NJ
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

Hello tewksMaryland. If you can think of the fabulous house you rented, I would very much like to know about it. We were going to rent through surf or sound and I have been reading some really bad things about them. Thanks for the help

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

I don't travel with my dogs often, since they're more comfortable at home. But when I do, hotels/motels that allow pets usually put them and their owners on the first floor. It's easier to go in and out, and people with allergies stay on the upper floors.

Remember, sand can be hot on paws.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

K M pretty sure one was called steps to the beach. They were twiddy houses. There were three houses in a row. We rented three years in a row, each year going a tad closer to the beach. Not sure all three took dogs. I think the road was Cook Drive the entrance is accross the street from Tommys market. This was a few years ago so things may have changes.

9. Re: Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Non Flea Bag Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
Recent Conversations
More Kill Devil Hills Topics