We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

Dahlgren, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

If anyone could help with the best realty people to call for a last minute rental (Joe Lamb weren't much help as they wouldn't be able to confirm a rental until 1 or 2 days before we want to be there so that's a bit risky). We are a family of 3 (1 17 yr old) and want a last minute rental 08/29 just for 4 nights - preferably on the beach or very easy reach of beach with a sea view. We're English living in Virginia so actually any advice on obx for a first visit would be fantastic. We are thinking KH or KDH as I'm sure we'll be back to explore other areas another time!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

The problem is that your last minute request is going to be based on inventory and whether the specific owner allows short weeks. So, maybe the best realtor won't be able to help as all the best homes are for a week only and already taken.

Would suggest just calling all the regular realtors in the area and see what they have as last minute means whatever is left over.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

possibly VRBO. But as was already stated most will only do full weeks at this time of the year

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

It is not that we rent only full weeks, but look at it this way:

If a house is available from 8-28-11 til 9-4-11 and you want it for 4 days. The owner would rather us rent it for the full week before we rent it for 4 days, it's their house and what they want. Once we get to the 27th or 28th and it is not rented for a full week, then we can rent it for a partial week (if the owner allows partials), but we have to try to rent it for a full week first.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

Yes, I understand that. As I stated most will only do full weeks. If your plans are flexible, a last minute partial can work out really well.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

Sun Realty has a search on their web site for partial week rentals (they call it freestyle). I don't have any experience with using them (I'm renting from them for the first time in a few weeks) but I've been happy so far. Based on your dates there are a few houses available but not many. You might also look into staying at one of the hotels.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

I would check with Sun Realty as well. Just used them for the first time for our rental a couple of weeks ago and have nothing but positive things to say. Not sure that you will have better luck, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Youngstown
Level Contributor
94 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

As the others have said part week might be hard to find. But might work out. Call Twiddy, Sun, Brindley Beach etc.

8. Re: Which Realty Comany to Go with - part week last minute!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
More Kill Devil Hills Topics