We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Hot Springs...

1 post
Save Topic
Never been to Hot Springs...

I'm planning a surprise trip to Hot Springs, NC but I've never been. I need suggestions on where to camp (preferably with showers), hot springs tubs, places to eat, and hiking close by. I'm not sure how the reservation process works and how far in advance to reserve. Trying to plan for March or April. Suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Hot Springs...

The campground is across the street from the spa with hot tubs.

nchotsprings.com/nc-hot-springs-resort-lodgi…

It's in walking distance of the little town with shops and restaurants.

Two restaurants we enjoyed -

http://thespringcreektavern.com/ - with deck overlooking the river

http://www.theironhorsestation.com/

Get groceries on the way into town or do limited shopping at the Dollar General in town.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Hot Springs...

Prepare for really cold nights. I'm not much of a cold weather camper and prefer summertime camping in the mountains.

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Hot Springs...

The AT goes right through Hot Springs, dropping to cross the French Broad River. The camping right in town is mostly geared to the raft and kayak folks and have showers, I just dont know if they are open in March or even April. , Several great pack-in camping spots along the AT nearby , from Max Patch southeast of Hot Springs to Rich Mountain Lookout just north of town.

Reply to: Never been to Hot Springs...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs