We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

Upstate, SC
Level Contributor
62 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

We have reserved a cabin in Hot Springs for a weekend getaway in July. We plan to just relax at the cabin for most of the time, but we have three small children that I'm sure will get "cabin fever" eventually.

Any family friendly activities to recommend for a family with children 3-9 years old? Also we plan to dine out one of the nights. Any recommendations?

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

I saw your other post and Max Patch Mountain is perfect. Take a picnic lunch with you.

On another note the drive from I-40 to Hot Springs on highway 209 is one of the most beautiful country roads in the southeast. You have beautiful mountain overlooks, small white churches, small tobacco farms with weathered barns. A mountain trout stream follows along much of the road. A good slice of southern living. Best part you may only pass 10 cars in the 33 mile drive.

Edited: 10 May 2013, 02:11
Mentioned in this post
Max Patch
Max Patch
303 Reviews
Hot Springs, NC
Upstate, SC
Level Contributor
62 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

Hello, thanks for the suggestions. Yeah I have heard the same about highway 209. Too bad that taking it would be about 20 or so miles out of the way for us (we will take hwy 25 most of the way). However, we may consider taking it anyway, if it is that beautiful.. :)

Thanks again!

Skaneateles, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

Depending on the ages of your children, may I suggest digging for worms & fishing for a bit, looking for special shaped creek stones, a short hike, etc. Have fun!

Upstate, SC
Level Contributor
62 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?

You're about a year late, but thanks anyway pollock. :)

It was a great trip. We went to Max Patch. A little rainy, a little complaining from the children about the hiking, but it was still a great experience. The best part though was just relaxing at the cabin. We're going to do a Tennessee cabin trip this year, but will definitely be back to Hot Springs soon. Thanks again everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Max Patch
Max Patch
303 Reviews
Hot Springs, NC
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
Reply to: Typical weekend in Hot Springs with children?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs