We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs/Black Mountain?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Hot Springs/Black Mountain?

My wife loves any hot springs as well as hiking. Is Hot Springs worth it?

We are going in March. We've been to Ashville and Chimney Rock but are looking for some new places to check out. Any suggestions about cool hotels and B&B's (not chains) in the area would also be appreciated.

Travelnut1

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Hot Springs/Black Mountain?

I like Hot Springs but I don't know how much time you can spend there. I'd probably stay at Mountain Magnolia Inn and you should be able to have a very nice dinner there. Hike the AT during the day and go for a soak in the tubs at Hot Springs along the French Broad.

Black Mountain also has lots of hiking around it. Cute little downtown with lots more shops than Hot Springs.

Black Mountain, NC
6 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hot Springs/Black Mountain?

There are great places to hike around Black Mountain and Montreat (just north of Black Mountain). Black Mountain has a website that lists its B&Bs...www.exploreblackmountain.com.

3. Re: Hot Springs/Black Mountain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs