We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for the teenagers?

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
121 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do for the teenagers?

Hi all, I'm looking for any assistance on ideas for keeping two teenagers entertained whilst staying in the area.We'll be staying at a cabin in Pumpkintown the week after July 4th and have scheduled for gem sluicing already.Are there any zipline rides nearby?

Thanks,

Fldave - Hard hit by the gem bug

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do for the teenagers?

I do not know about the ziplines but there is plrnty of good rafting and tubing nearby.

John

orlando
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do for the teenagers?

Just got back from Franklin.

Not alot to do in Franklin besides the gem mining. I suggest spending a day in Highlands. Very cool drive up the mountains, you go by 3 waterfalls (however one is closed ude to construction). The towncenter is good for shopping. Whiteside mountain is very cool.

Personally I thought Franklin was kind of lame...

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
121 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do for the teenagers?

Thanks all, the trip to Highlands sounds great,especially since the waterfalls are easily accessible.Also mulling over the idea of taking a trip to a trout farm to let them "catch" their own fish.

Virginia
Level Contributor
380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do for the teenagers?

Whitewater Falls east of Cashiers is worth a look...tallest east of the Rockies.

A day in Dollywood would be fun. It would be a hike to get there....2 hours or so. But it is such a fun place. We are in Sylva and it took us 90 minutes. Dollywood has a zip line new this year. It is not included in the cost of the park admission. My guys did not weigh enough to do it, so I didn't bother getting details. Dollywood has some great roller coasters too if you have thrill seeking teens.

Fishing in any of the creeks, streams and rivers. It might keep them busier longer than a trout farm.

I agree, lots of tubing and white water rafting options. Deep Creek is very popular. There is a great place closer to you in Franklin...http://www.fishcamp.biz/ where they can fish, kayak, tube etc.

East of you, just south of Cashiers, is little sliding rock. It is off NC 107 just south of Cashiers. There is a much bigger sliding rock closer to Asheville too. The one at Cashiers is not big and not deep, but it is really fun.

5. Re: Things to do for the teenagers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2009, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Franklin