We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College graduate, Emerald Isle

1 post
Save Topic
College graduate, Emerald Isle

I am a 20 year old, college graduate and I just moved to Emerald Isle for my new job.

I am loving the area so far, especially since it's summertime, but most of my colleagues are a bit older than me. They've been giving me great advice about restaurants and places to go when my parents visit, but I was wondering what are some fun things to do for young adults my age.

I'll be 21 in a few weeks as well so feel free to include any bars/clubs, etc.

(I also love photography so if anyone knows of any locations to shoot I'd love that)

Mentioned in this post
Emerald Isle
Emerald Isle
North Carolina Coast, NC
2 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College graduate, Emerald Isle

I don't get down to your end of the Island much, but Table 9 in Atlantic Station seems to attract a young crowd and the food is good. The Crab's Claw and Beach Tavern in Atlantic Beach are other possibilities. Memories Dance Club, on the causeway is a good place to meet people, but would likely be your grandparents' friends.

Mentioned in this post
Crab's Claw
Crab's Claw
863 Reviews
Atlantic Beach, NC
Atlantic Beach
Atlantic Beach
North Carolina Coast, NC
north carolina
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College graduate, Emerald Isle

Beaufort and Morehead City waterfronts both have clubs and music. You are also not too far to drive to Cedar Island and head to Ocracoke for a day trip. Also boats leave from Beaufort to Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks. There is a passenger ferry near Swansboro that goes to Bear Island which may be of interest. Wilmington isn't too far either.

Mentioned in this post
Beaufort
Beaufort
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Morehead City
Morehead City
North Carolina Coast, NC
Ocracoke
Ocracoke
Outer Banks, NC
Shackleford Banks
Shackleford Banks