We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College graduate, Emerald Isle

1 post
College graduate, Emerald Isle

I am a 20 year old, college graduate and I just moved to Emerald Isle for my new job.

I am loving the area so far, especially since it's summertime, but most of my colleagues are a bit older than me. They've been giving me great advice about restaurants and places to go when my parents visit, but I was wondering what are some fun things to do for young adults my age.

I'll be 21 in a few weeks as well so feel free to include any bars/clubs, etc.

(I also love photography so if anyone knows of any locations to shoot I'd love that)

2 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: College graduate, Emerald Isle

I don't get down to your end of the Island much, but Table 9 in Atlantic Station seems to attract a young crowd and the food is good. The Crab's Claw and Beach Tavern in Atlantic Beach are other possibilities. Memories Dance Club, on the causeway is a good place to meet people, but would likely be your grandparents' friends.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: College graduate, Emerald Isle

Beaufort and Morehead City waterfronts both have clubs and music. You are also not too far to drive to Cedar Island and head to Ocracoke for a day trip. Also boats leave from Beaufort to Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks. There is a passenger ferry near Swansboro that goes to Bear Island which may be of interest. Wilmington isn't too far either.

Reply to: College graduate, Emerald Isle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Emerald Isle
Recent Conversations