We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good location in EI

Germantown, MD
Level Contributor
106 posts
Good location in EI

We normally stay in Sanderling (Duck). Is anyone familiar w/that area and where something w/similar feel would be in EI? Want close to beach (OF, SOF) with upscale houses, but do t need huge house (just 4BR). Bringing our pooch, too.

1 reply
Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
172 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Good location in EI

Emerald Isle is my absolute favorite beach because it's such a narrow strand that even in summer the beaches are never crowded. We always get an upscale house right on the ocean. There are plenty to choose from - I would look for an area that doesn't have condos nearby - the most congested areas are right off the causeway where the Food Lion and other shopping areas are so either go west or east of that area. By the way, Food Lion usually isn't a great grocery store but the one in Emerald Isle has everything we need and we are pretty picky about groceries. I like to rent from Bluewater, they have the best website, but have also rented from Emerald Isle Realty. Finding a nice house that allows dogs could be a challenge. Also know that beach houses at EI do book up pretty early so don't delay.

Reply to: Good location in EI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Emerald Isle
Recent Conversations