We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Park area too far for game at Stadium?

South Florida
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
South Park area too far for game at Stadium?

Looking for a decent hotel convenient to both airport and stadium for one night. Unfortunately the hotels in the city center booked up quickly for game night. South Park seems like a nice area but Is it convenient to the stadium? Also thought a hotel near a Lynx station would be convenient. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: South Park area too far for game at Stadium?

Depends on your definition of convenient. There is a fair amount of traffic heading into town on game night so probably 30 minutes or so from there. SP is a great area though. You can easily ride over from SP to a Lynx station on South Blvd and park / ride.

The only real hotel options that are coming to mind that are near a Lynx station are around Woodlawn Rd. There are a few older hotels that I wouldn’t recommend, but the Courtyard or Embassy Suites on the corner of N. Tryon and Woodlawn are alright. It’s a short walk to the Lynx station from there, but it’s also a sketchy area that I wouldn’t walk through at night.

Book as early as you can though. I have business associates in town this week (Panthers played last night) and every single Hilton property within 25 miles was booked solid, except for one run down one way North of town, for $289.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
705 posts
264 reviews
2. Re: South Park area too far for game at Stadium?

Personally, I'd book a hotel near the airport and rent a car for 1 night and drive to a Lynx Station that offers free parking. You'd have to leave early to ensure that you'd get a parking spot that are free or you could drive to the stadium and pay a premium for parking. In my opinion, walking to and from one of the mentioned hotels and catching the Lynx line will subject yourself to significant crime statistics that our Tidy Town image is slow to report for travelers.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
599 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: South Park area too far for game at Stadium?

Would uber be an option? Take it from your hotel to somewhere close to the stadium. Mingle through some tailgates on your way in.

Reply to: South Park area too far for game at Stadium?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted