We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

We just moved here and my relatives ae coming to visit on Labor Day weekend , can someone suggest the places to show them in and around town ? Thanks .

5 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

I don't know what there interests migh be but, in Cary, you might see if there is a concert at the Koka Booth Ampitheatre. The downtown areas of Apex and Holly Springs are OK and there is always Chapel Hill. I can recommend the restored village of Saxaphaw which will likely have some planned activities over the weekend. I have purposely not mentioned Raleigh which has all kinds of things to see and do, from te museums to theGarmer's Market

Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
2. Re: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

thanks Jim , can you also suggest what's in Raleigh as well ??

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
3. Re: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

The newly renovated (last year: 2013) Umstead Hotel & Spa is a sumptuous place for an overnight stay or a longer retreat. Our family: myself (family vacation planner & manager, responsible for all successes.....and more responsible for any failures); husband; and, 20 & 22 yr old sons, stayed just after their re-opening and everyone gave it a 5 star review!

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
4. Re: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

A trip to Cary is social suicide. In what was a swamp 15 years ago, it's now a soulless artificial town with lots of low cost housing. In turn, the residents demand duplicate, nondescript strip-malls with the same shops and the worst bar-scene in the US.

Should you need to visit Cary, I suggest driving straight through to Chapel Hill or Raleigh, which whilst not being exciting, you're less likely to be surrounded by pringle jumper wearing, big-haired dullards.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 21:38
DeputyDan
Level Contributor
86 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.

Cary might not be as bad as CaryNCSurvivor makes it out to be but where there is smoke there is generally some fire behind it!

I would look else where for activities.

Reply to: Places to visit in cary and nearby towns.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cary