We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs on Beach- Strictly Enforced?

Bristow, Virginia
Level Contributor
87 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs on Beach- Strictly Enforced?

I'm heading down to Carolina Beach this weekend and bringing along my little 30lb pup who typically spends his summers on the more-dog friendly beaches of the OBX. I'm sure I'll take him up to Freeman park a few times while in town, but we're staying right on the beach and he's gonna be beggin' to get his paws on some sand. How strict is it down there?

Any idea what the fine would be?

Other than Freeman Park, I heard of a dog park at Mike Chappel Park and Carolina Beach State Park? Also Fort Fisher Park looks okay?

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs on Beach- Strictly Enforced?

Yes, they are strict. People often choose beaches because of the dog laws at those beaches, people at a "no dog" beach don't want dogs on the beach, and are going to report you fast. Please be respectful of local laws, and people trying to enjoy their dog-free beach vacations. Not everyone enjoys dogs. wwaytv3.com/2014/01/14/carolina-beach-change…

If you really need to have some beach time with your dog, Topsail Island, about an hour from Carolina Beach, is very dog-friendly.... topsailbeach.org/AboutTopsailBeach/FAQ/tabid…

Bristow, Virginia
Level Contributor
87 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs on Beach- Strictly Enforced?

Fresh off a good week (although not so much with the weather) down in Carolina Beach. Our house was on the corner of Atlanta Ave and Carlina Beach Ave S (near Hang Ten Grill) right on the beach. Much to my surprise there were dogs on the beach pretty much all week, and while it wasn't super crowded no one seemed to mind. We didn't take our dog out there too much, mostly just at sunrise when nobody else was out.

My cousins who live closer to Wrightsville beach said its pretty much unwritten law that you can't take the dogs out there, but Carolina beach is fine.

3. Re: Dogs on Beach- Strictly Enforced?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics