We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Golf near Carolina Beach

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
40 reviews
Public Golf near Carolina Beach

Will be in Carlonia Beach in July

Are there any public or semi public golf courses nearby?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Public Golf near Carolina Beach

I was impressed with Cape Fear National which is near Leland. also Magnolia Greens in that area. I was not impressed with Echo Farms but it has been many years since I tried it. There are several on the N. side of Wilmington, most notably Porter's Neck a Fazio design which is semi-private I think. There are many more to the south. I am just not familiar with them. Hopefully others will chime in.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Public Golf near Carolina Beach

Thanks Jim

Bristow, Virginia
Level Contributor
87 posts
247 reviews
3. Re: Public Golf near Carolina Beach

My dad and I just played at Masonboro Country Club, which I guess is semi-private? Anyways, fun course if you don't mind water on 16 of the holes. We paid $45 on a Friday, not sure what the summer rate would be.

Ran into a couple gators on the back 9, I happily donated the ball that was within 10 ft of a pair.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Public Golf near Carolina Beach

I'm the same way in Mexico, unless it's a Pro V. Yea, I'm cheap

5. Re: Public Golf near Carolina Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics