We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina or Kure Beach?

Alliance, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Carolina or Kure Beach?

First time heading to this area (been Myrtle Beach & Outer Banks people for awhile) and can't decide which is the better area for a family of four (tween and teen daughters). If we stay in Carolina, is it close enough to the attractions at Kure? We like quiet, family friendly and love to be at the beach in addition to a few fun things to do in the evenings. See Wilmington, Southport and the aquarium and Fort Fisher are close either way and plan to check those out, but just not sure which beach would work best for us to relax and have a quiet get-away.

Thoughts? (thanks!)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

Either one is good. They are neighboring beaches so it's a quick drive down the road north or south. I consider it one whole area. Last time we were there we stayed at Ocean Dunes in Kure. Loved it! http://www.bullardrealtyonline.com/2101od

I don't know what the beach area is like these days. It is a shorter beach I know. Sometimes in some locations the water might come right up to the dunes. (not everywhere, just some locations...and not in front of that condo in OD where we stayed..that was perfect)

Some posters will tell you to go somewhere else. Carolina Beach is a wonderful, small, family friendly, quirky little town. Plenty to do, but looks like you have done some homework as far as activities in the area. Have fun!!.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
153 reviews
2. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

Oh....here is the house we used to stay in in the northern end of Carolina Beach years ago, when our kids were little. New owners now..and been remodeled. Looks great. And...I know the beach is very nice in front of it...nice and wide. Nice quiet location too.

carolinabeachrealty.net/…

Alliance, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

Thank you! I will check it out :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

We are traveling to carolina beach for the first time this year. Normally we stay south of myrtle beach. We are staying in the north end of carolina beach. My biggest concern was the short beach and reading from some about the drop off in to the water. We are renting a condo in reefs IV and the owner told me in from of that condo the beach has a very gentle slope in to the water and after the beach dredging that was just completed, the beach is much wider now. So im still a tad nervous but I'm hoping we enjoy the area! I hope you do too!

Alliance, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

Heather0908 - I hope you do too! I've been researching like crazy and gathering as much info as possible. I did find a super cute cottage in Kure Beach at a good price so we end up there.....still deciding! I just want to relax and have a good week! Enjoy your beach time!

1 post
6. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

Kure has nicer beach and is less commercialized.... much quieter. Carolina beach has tons of restaurants, a small amusement park for the kids and is very commercialized. I recommend staying at Kure and then jaunting up to Carolina beach about a mile north for the commercial stuff. Also, you will find that kure is more expensive then Carolina beach but overall is nicer.

Alliance, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

thank you!!!

8. Re: Carolina or Kure Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics