We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Beach

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Carolina Beach

Im planning a vacation to Carolina Beach, can anyone tell me what kind of activities are there available? Do they have kateboarding rentals?

I will be traveling with my husband and we are a young couple, are there places to go out,,tiki bars, night life ect.??

Thank You in Advance

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Beach

I can't say much about the nightlife since we travel with a toddler and don't get the chance to enjoy that type of thing. But I know that the Ocean grill has live music and is rumored to also have great drinks. We've listened to the music from the beach but never been in to try the drinks or food. The Front Street Brewery in downtown Wilmington is great. We went earlier in the day so I can't say anything about the nighttime atmosphere.

I would also highly recomend the Little Dipper fondue restaurant in downtown Wilmington. We'd never tried fondue until out first trip to the CB area, but we are hooked now and always make sure to eat there at least once per trip. They have a great deck where you can order from a menu a la carte but you guys could take advantage of the full menu inside for a nice romantic dinner. Fort Fisher is also a nice area to see, they have the park where you can have a picnic, the aquarium and the cicil war sites. We also loved the ferry over to Southport from the end of Fort Fisher and seeing the Orton planatation was great.

As far as the rentals, I'm not sure. I've seen people parasailing and riding jet skis and canoes. I can't say what else the . But you guys might want to check out one of the canoe tours that leave from Wrightsville beach. They take you up Hewlett's creek which is also a very beautiful area.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Beach

thank you for the information

3. Re: Carolina Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics