We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers

kansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
First timers

My husband & I are coming to Carolina Beach for a week in July (our first trip to CB). We are "beach people"..not interested in sightseeing...just want to lay on the beach & chill out.

What restaurants to you recommend, we are from the midwest, so we are looking for some great seafood.

Also, are there many grocery stores close by...want to buy snack food, beer & wine. If we decide to venture to other beaches, which would you suggest that are close by (not over 1/2 drive time).

Any and all suggestions would be very appreciated!!

Thanks,

Chris

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
153 reviews
11. Re: First timers

Been to CB and KB numerous times....loved every minute of it!

You can NOT compare it to Kiawah Island at all!

Enjoy CB....you will have a great time!

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
12. Re: First timers

We love CB too. Its been very family friendly both times we've been there. I'd like to hear the specifics of why the other poster said to avoid it at all costs. We've never had any negative things to say about the whole area. And Pop's has great ice cream and roast beef sandwiches. We had ice cream 4 times during our 5 day stay.

13. Re: First timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics