We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half way point from MI and any more ideas for things to do.

mi
3 posts
Half way point from MI and any more ideas for things to do.

I am leaving from MI on Easter and will arrive at Carolina Beach on Monday. We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott. My mother, and stepdaughter (16) are going. We will be there from Mon-Fri.

I am looking for an inexpensive hotel for Sunday (Easter) night from MI. I noticed, Charelston, WV, has hotels right off the freeway but wonder if anyone has any other ideas?

I actually choose Carolina Beach due to large hotel discount for the Courtyward. After reviewing this website, decided to give it a chance.

So far, for things to do....Fort Fischer, Aquarium, possibly ferry to Southport (unsure),Battelship in Wilington also I hear there is a local mall there as well. For beaches, Wrightsville and Ocean are getting good reviews. I plan to drive to Myrtel Beach for a day trip.

For good eats...Britts Donuts, Jack Mackerals and places off the pier.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for activites and restaurants?

Thank you in advance.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Half way point from MI and any more ideas for things to do.

If you can drive one more hour south, Beckley, WV has a lot of hotels and resturants to choose from. I think its an easier access off the Interstate too. (exit 44) Plus, you will have one less hour to drive the next day! :)

In Carolina/Kure Beach area....try the Ocean Grill Resturant and Tiki Bar, right behind Golden Sands Motel. And across the street from Pops Ice Cream. (great shakes!) We always go to Big Daddys Seafood in Kure. Then head over to the Kure Beach Pier. Fun place!! Squigleys Ice Cream is very popular! Over 4000 ice cream flavor combinations.

Have a great time!!!

Here are just a few hotels off exit 44...

roadsideamerica.com/hotels_motels/…76818788

Some beach websites that might help....

goldensandscarolinabeach.com/bar-dining.html

http://www.kurebeachfishingpier.com/

http://coastalcarolinas.com/bigdaddys/

Have a great time!!

mi
3 posts
2. Re: Half way point from MI and any more ideas for things to do.

Thank you for all the great information....I can't wait to go now....

3. Re: Half way point from MI and any more ideas for things to do.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics