We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Beach in early March

St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Beach in early March

We are visiting Carolina Beach in early March. Just wondering what type of weather to expect. Will it be shorts and t-shirt or jeans and sweat shirts? Bathing suit? What is the Boardwalk like? We go to Ocean City, Maryland every year and we're wondering if it's that type of Boardwalk with all the shops, etc.

Is there any place that is a must see? Must shop? Must eat?

Thanks for any info.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

Since you're getting any local hits I'll try to help you.

Weather in March can be tricky. The wind on the coast is damp and can be cold, but you might get lucky and get some warm sunshine. I guess I'm saying bring it all :) The ocean will be too cold for swimming. Have fun. You'll find CB to be quieter than OC.

Asheville
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

I agree in the 'bring it all' of the other response, however but sure and bring plenty of warm layering clothes. NC beaches tend to be very cool at night and in the early morning even if the mid-day temps allow for shorts and t-shirts. If it's not sunny you'll definately want to bundle up since the ocean winds tend to be quite cool this time of year. Just depends on what the sun/clouds and wind decide to do. Not helpful in downsizing your packing list, I know!

Sorry I am not very familiar with Carolina Beach but if you get a chance to head up to Wrightsville beach, a short drive up the coast, you'll find a quaint surf town and a mexican place with excellent fish tacos! Wilmington is another great city, with many dining options, coffee shops and a fun harbor to stroll along. City tours of several varieties (from historical to ghost), and tours of a battleship and coast guard vessel are available here.

Enjoy your time! and good luck with your planning.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

Carolina Beach will be very quiet that time of year. Don't expect a big crown on the boardwalk. Its actually a little quiet during the summer months too.

CB is a very nice, quiet, quaint beach town. Not like OC at all.

We love it there!!

Might be a little chilly that time of year too. bring heavy sweaters.

St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

Thanks Everyone,

We will only be there for 4 days and I'm too cheap to pay to check a bag....so I guess I will be very pudgy going through security:-) I will layer all I can so I can pack everything else in my carry on.

We will enjoy the quiet but I am hoping to find some interesting shops. Any Ideas of unique little shops to browse?

I'm also looking for a great place for peel n eat shrimp - someplace fun with a bar and maybe an oldies band?

Thanks Again!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

You may need to go into Wilmington for shopping. An oysters are now in season. They are delicious.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

Its cold-sweats will be needed. Dont even think of swimming unless you are going to the Polar Plunge

7. Re: Carolina Beach in early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics