We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Buffets?

3 posts
Seafood Buffets?

Hello! It will be our 1st time to Carolina beach this weekend and wanted some recommendations on any seafood buffets on it near Carolina beach. Also any fun things to do? Thanks a ton!

6 replies to this topic
Jonas Ridge, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Seafood Buffets?

Well...I was going to suggest Fins but I see they are now showing closed. There are some good restaurants around but this was the only buffet (especially with crab legs on certain days) I was aware of. I suggest taking the ferry over to Southport if you haven't been there before (or maybe even if you have!) for one excursion on your trip to CB. There are lots of good restaurants over there but if I was only there for one meal it would be The Provision Company (get the crabcakes and some peel-n-eat shrimp!) Note that I think the last ferry is at 7:00, and you'll have a long drive if you miss it.

Also I assume they still do fireworks on Thursday night on the beach off the Boardwalk but I note you said "weekend" so this may not be an option. Definitely get some doughnuts at Britts!

You may want to be familiar with this story and walk to the bunker or go by his grave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

While I've not personally done it I've seen folks hang hammocks in the trees across from the Ft Fisher museum (between the beach and the museum) and this looks fun (but maybe not Labor Day weekend!)

Maybe drive up to Wilmington and/or tour the Battleship NC(?)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
154 reviews
2. Re: Seafood Buffets?

I believe they are doing fireworks this Friday night, as part of the end of summer/Labor day weekend.

www.pleasureislandnc.org/events-list.php

There may be some buffets along Hwy 421 between Wilmington and Carolina Beach.

Things to do: The NC Aquarium, Ft. Fisher Battlefield and museum, Ft. Fisher Ferry over to Southport, walk along the Boardwalk, go to the Kure Beach Pier, then..before sunset head down 421 past the Aquarium and Ft. Fisher Ferry to Federal Point to watch the sunset. It is a "thing to do". :)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g490…

3 posts
3. Re: Seafood Buffets?

Thank you so much for your reply! Can’t wait to explore these places.

3 posts
4. Re: Seafood Buffets?

Thanks so much! Do you know where we can catch the Ferry from Carolina beach to Southport?

Jonas Ridge, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Seafood Buffets?

Just drive south until you run out of road. : )

Its at the extreme south side Ft. Fisher at the end of 421 (the main road south through Carolina Beach and Kure Beach.)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
154 reviews
6. Re: Seafood Buffets?

^^ "Just drive south until you run out of road. : )" Actually when you run out of road you will be at Federal Point, which I mentioned above and people go to watch the sunset. The Ferry is just before that. You will see the signs. Heading down 421 you will pass the Ft. Fisher Battlefield and Museum on your right, then on down about a half mile you will pass the NC Aquarium on your left, then the Ferry on your right maybe another half mile on down. That end of 421 is beautiful...very picturesque! Pull off into the oceanside parking lot where the Ft. Fisher monument is. Lovely area.

https:/…

Reply to: Seafood Buffets?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics