We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Lobster Roll

2 posts
Best Lobster Roll

My wife is a huge fan of lobster rolls. What is the recommendation for the best lobster roll at the beach? We are arriving in 2 weeks! Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,831 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Best Lobster Roll

That is not a North Carolina thing. I've never seen one at a beach in NC, but there may be a few imported ones somewhere. We don't fish for lobsters here. Might find a shrimp burger or shrimp sandwich, though.

2 posts
2. Re: Best Lobster Roll

Good to know. Thanks for the response!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,831 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Best Lobster Roll

When I think of lobster rolls I think of Maine.

The most famous NC seafood is Calabash style, lightly breaded and fried, shrimp, oysters, clams, and fish. Think popcorn shrimp. It’s a little heavy for me any more. I try to limit my fried food intake so I often opt for broiled seafood or boiled shrimp.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
364 posts
124 reviews
4. Re: Best Lobster Roll

I love lobster rolls too, but they’re hard to find in NC. You might be able to get a shrimp salad sandwich that’ll be kinda close. Michaels does a seafood salad sandwich.

If you’re ever in Winston-Salem NC, Hutch and Harris downtown makes a killer lobster roll/salad.

Too far for a drive from

Carolina Beach though ;)

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,831 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Best Lobster Roll

You might try the Shuckin' Shack if she's set on a lobster roll. Looks like they have one on the menu. Don't think it would be local, though. It looks like a fun place. I've never been, but if I was going I'd get the steamer pot if it's local seafood.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
374 posts
162 reviews
6. Re: Best Lobster Roll

There is a food truck with lobster rolls called Joe Loves Lobster. He’s on Facebook and each week he posts his tentative schedule—he goes different places in the Wilmington area as well as Southport. He has a lot of fans who say they are like the New England style rolls.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
374 posts
162 reviews
7. Re: Best Lobster Roll

Also, I just remembered a Southport restaurant, Oliver’s On the CapeFear has a pretty good lobster roll on the menu. But I’m from the Midwest so I’m not the best judge. It’s not near CB but if you get down this way, it’s something to consider.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
154 reviews
8. Re: Best Lobster Roll

Can't help with the lobster roll, but do try the Seafood Chowder at Michaels Seafood Restaurant. SO good!! Also their Shrimp and Grits is great! Loaded with shrimp. We have been to Michaels twice and that is the only thing I have ordered. So good! Oh, the Lobster Mac and Cheese is great too. That's the only thing my daughter has ordered. We find something good, we stick with it. ;)

Reply to: Best Lobster Roll
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach
More Carolina Beach Topics