We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Which hotel is better? We're traveling up to Boone/Blowing Rock between Christmas and New Years (2 adults, 2 kids). My husband made reservations but the hotel doesn't look appealing. Pros and cons to each? Personally I prefer the look of the lobby of the Comfort Suites but the price is higher. This is our first time going to the area. Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,822 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

The Meadowbrook is in a great location, walking distance to downtown Blowing Rock. I haven't stayed there myself, but it gets mostly good reviews on TA.

Comfort Suites would be fine if you have points or something, but it's right on a busy road in Boone.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Thank you!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

You can stay in a generic Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn anywhere. I would choose an Inn, in Blowing Rock. Meadow brook, I think, also has a cabin. You could ask.

You could check the Azalea Garden Inn. It is very nice.

The benefit to the above Inns is location. You do not have to drive. A short walk into downtown Blowing Rock where you will find restaurants, shopping and pleasant surroundings.

You could also check Chetola Resort. They offer condos for rent that would be very comfortable for a family.

There is an indoor pool, beautiful lake and very convenient also.

Enjoy our beautiful area!!

NC
Level Contributor
497 posts
4. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

The one time we stayed at Meadowbrook you could hear everything in the next room. It also felt a little cramped to us. We've stayed at HI Express. Nothing fancy but nice and comfortable and typical HI in amenities. Never stayed at Comfort. Our favorite place used to be Chetola, but now that we're retired it's no longer in the budget.

NC
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
154 reviews
5. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

If these are the only 3 to choose from, hands-down, the Meadowbrook Inn. It's super easy to walk to the shops and restaurants from here, so the location is great. I don't like Comfort Suites at all, but I really don't like the one in Boone. I also don't like the location for either Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn Exp in Boone.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Thank you. Do you know if the Meadowbrook Inn has interior rooms? My husband does not like exterior corridors where your door faces out to the parking lot.

NC
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
154 reviews
7. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

I would call them and let them know the type of room you're looking for and make sure they have something available for your dates.

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
99 reviews
8. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Blowing Rock and found it adequate.

There is an indoor pool but no hot tub. Room was fine. Interior doors.

It's a mile on foot to the downtown area, so that may not be walkable for you.

1 post
9. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Meadowbrook Inn is great. The corridors are all inside. There’s an indoor pool with a rack of beach towels. Free breakfast is pretty good. My room was spacious with two queen beds. Nice bathroom with deep soaking tub. I was surprised the window opens so I’ve had nice fresh air and the sound of rainfall. There’s a pond with ducks and fish and a gum ball machine where you can buy fish food. Go out the back of the parking lot down the driveway and there’s a good restaurant. Walk to the right and you’re downtown quickly. I would definitely stay at Meadowbrook Inn again.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?

Thanks. This is an old post. I actually took everyone’s recommendation and stayed sub meadowbrook. Unfortunately our experience wasn’t great. It was charming but dated, roof leaked, walls were too thin and rooms noisy, etc. If they renovated it would be amazing as the location is ideal.

Reply to: Meadorbrook Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock