We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski conditions week of Sept 19?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
32 posts
26 reviews
Ski conditions week of Sept 19?

hi, I have been looking into a few days skiing in Valle Nevado the week of September 19th. I am a little worried it will be too late in the season. Already seems like it's warming up and there's little snowfall. Any thoughts??

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
207 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Ski conditions week of Sept 19?

I would go only if there has been at least one good snowfall in the prior 2 weeks. Right now there is lots of snow, but it is old snow and icy if it doesn´t warm up enough. Follow the weather before booking.

1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Ski conditions week of Sept 19?

Hello I am from Chile,

This year the climate has been very strange. The las big snow fall in the mountains was the last days in July. This August has been very dry, absolutely no rain in Santiago, there has been some snow fall in the mountains but very little, although most of the time Valle Nevado is the ski resort with the best snow conditions. On September 19 the most probable is that there would be snow, but probably with lots of ice.

The other advice is that it would be better if you wait till Sept 20, because sept 19 is one of the most important national holidays, it would be very crowded up in the mountain.

3. Re: Ski conditions week of Sept 19?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Valle Nevado