We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Holiday

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Sky Holiday

It's the end of July beginning of August a good time to go to Valle Nevado to sky?

The time must be that any other places in Chile or Argentina where to go??/

Thanks

Puerto Montt
Level Contributor
189 posts
1. Re: Sky Holiday

Well yes, that will be a good time to go to Valle Nevado. You could also look at oh, so many other places! You will go past Farellones and La Prava to get there. These ski centres are all within 30-50km from Santiago. About 120km north along the road to Mendoza is Portillo. To the south you have Chillan and many more. Nearby from where we live is Osorno. Just across the border is Bariloche, probably the most developed in all of South American ski centres and a little to the north is San Martin de los Andes. Many Chileans go there because it is much cheaper than the Chilean resorts. BTW, where in C-town do you live? I'm from the Swartland.

Have a look at my VT pages. Although I do not ski it does have some info. You could also look at my photos at spaces.msn.com/paulandestelle. Just scroll down to the albums you want to see.

…virtualtourist.com/forum-4-1-Travel-South_A…

Floripa, SC
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Sky Holiday

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I think my question is related. I'd like to know the period of the year when it's possible to ski in Valle Nevado. I'm going to Santiago early June, so I was wondering if I could go there around 15-17th June. Will there be enough snow?

Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,621 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Sky Holiday

Last year,as far as I can remember, the season officially opened around the 20th of June. People were skiing at Valle Nevado a week or so before that. It all depends on the snow. Chillan opened later in the season and had some lift problems. The season in Bariloche opened later as well.

It seems to me that it is colder at night than usual for April, but Santiago has not had citywide rain so far.

4. Re: Sky Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Valle Nevado