We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

Hello there, is it required to book a catamaran ride from Salvador to Morro and back to Salvador?Can I purchase my ticket on the day I need the transportation? I went to the website and it is in Portugese.

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

I'm going to Morro de sao paulo on the 2nd Jan from Salvador, where can i book a ticket? i think i need to book before i go as it's peak time?

many thanks

Katie

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

In most of the year, you can buy tickets on the day/time departure, at the Terminal (opposite to the Mercado Modelo).. Be sure to arrive a half hour before (because it is jan 2nd). As far as I know, the last boat leaves at 2:00PM. I suggest you travel with an empty stomach because, most of the time it is a sickening trip. If you are in a Hotel, they can buy tickets for you in advance (just to feel safe). Nadia Montagna

Mentioned in this post
Mercado Modelo
Mercado Modelo
4,571 Reviews
Salvador, BA
Lima, Peru
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

DO NOT TAKE THE CATAMARAN!! i did this and it was 2.5 hrs of absolute hell, threw up 3 times (and i was not hungover nor did i have a huge breakfast), as did about 50% of the other people in the catamaran, the other 50% didn't throw up but didn't look too well either, they just closed their eyes the whole time, listened to music and didn't talk at all. and the catamaran business knows that everyone always gets sick so the guys who work on the boat always have a roll of small plastic bags and a roll of toilet paper, to give to all the people who feel sick. this catamaran is not made for such deep waters where the waves get really big. people can barely even stand up without holding onto something with all the movement going on. i've gone fishing many times before, gone on a cruise, and never gotten seasick, this was the first time ever i had seasickness.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

Depending on where you are staying in Salvador, it will be necessary to take a taxi to get to the pier. It's right in front of the Mercado Modelo( market model). No need to book or to buy in advance but be sure to arrive at least 30 min before. This transportation is used by many people who work or have relatives in Morro . It costs 75 reais and the time table to Morro is: 8:30AM, 9:00 AM 10:30AM; 1;00 PM and 2:00 PM (the last one). If you´re comming from the airport a cab is essencial. Arriving in Morro, someone from your hotel will be waiting for you. If not, dont worry. There are MANY young boys offering to carry your luggage ( there is about 2km unconfortable sandy path). Arriving there and at first glance it may sound suspicious but it is not. The people offering help is safe. They do for a tip.... Comming back to Salvador will not offer no problem. At that time you`ll be feeling like a local!! Have a good trip and welcome to Brasil. Montagna, Nadia

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Mercado Modelo
Mercado Modelo
4,571 Reviews
Salvador, BA
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

What about carnival time ,we are planning to leave salvador on 12/02/2013 towards moro,should we book the tikets in advance ?

where can we do that ?

thanks

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

I don`t see a problem. When demand increases extra schedules are put . The returning trip ( if on 12/02) can be a prroblem considering it is the last day of carnaval holiday. I you intend to return the same day, not worth going. The trip is tiring and takes about 3hs.

PS don´t miss the encanto`s beach. Go in a horse-drawn carriage.

17. Re: Book catamaran from Salvador to Morro de Sao Paulo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:18