We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

Gonna be doing a couple track days at The Glen on 6/12 and 6/13 (Monday/Tuesday).

Any recommendations on a nice place (close to the track) to stay?

I was told about Harbor Hotel. Any others?

Staying Sunday 6/11 and Monday 6/12 nights. Checking out 6/13 early am.

Ideally, close to (or containing) nice restaurants that have a bar for a single guy to sit and eat and drink at.

Thanks for any guidance.

6 replies to this topic
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

You can not go wrong with the Harbor Hotel, it was just rated by USATODAY as the best waterside hotel in the country. It appears that you are into racing so there is a nearby alternative. The Glen Motor In is just North of town. It is a small old school family run motel/restaurant. It is where the Formula One teams stayed in the sixties and seventies. The restaurant has a collection of racing memorabilia and might be worth a stop.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

Thanks for the info BR.

I booked the two nights at Harbor Hotel. Bar and restaurant look decent as well.

I will stop by the Glen Motor Inn one of the 3 days to check it out as I will be back two more times this summer. I heard that the rooms are "racecar" themed as is the hotel in general. Sounds very cool.

Besides the restaurant and bar in The Harbor hotel, any other recommendations for dinner and breakfast?

Appreciate the Harbor Hotel info. Helped make up my mind. Thanks.

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

For dinner, try either the Village Marina Bar & Grill or Seneca Harbor Station. They are on either side of the Harbor Hotel, lakeside. Both offer indoor or outdoor seating.

Village Marina Bar & Grill has pub food. It fills up quickly, so get there early. We have eaten there a few times and never had a bad meal. Deck seating there puts you closer to the lake than at Seneca Harbor Station, if that interests you.

For breakfast you could hit Blue Ribbon Diner, Classic Chef's Family Restaurant or Curly's Family Restaurant if you don't want to overspend on hotel food. All three of the above were recommended to us the last time we were in the area. They're all in Montour Falls, 2-3 miles from Harbor Hotel.

I know there was a small place a few blocks from Harbor Hotel that we thought about for breakfast...it had the word "Sweet" in the name. I can't think of it and had no luck finding it on TA. The menu was posted in their window and it looked really inexpensive. We didn't end up eating there, so I can't tell you how the food is.

I love Watkins Glen, and Harbor Hotel. Enjoy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

Great info cgbingo. Appreciate the help, and will def hit up a couple of your suggestions.

TA is such a great resource for this kinda stuff, and so is your post.

Thanks again.

RL

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

There are great restaurants along the east side of the lake (Stonecat, Red Newt, Ginny Lee Cafe are three) that would be worth the short 15 minute drive

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th

Thanks rjr. I'm only there for 2 nights, so I will try the hotel restaurant and one of the ones suggested in this thread.

Thanks again for the info..

Reply to: Places to Stay June 11and 12, out on 13th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen