We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ffishing in Grand Baie

Which Grand Baie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
Ffishing in Grand Baie

Hi,

Is there anyone willing to hire a boat to fish in Grand Baie, or elsewhere on the island? We are two people, yet we are looking for 2 or 4 people :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
34,941 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

Plenty of local operators offer fishing trips in Grand Baie.

For ideas see this one:

www.sportfisher.com

Bronia :)

Warsaw, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

I know this site but we want to rent the largest boat and we're just the two of us. So it does not pay, such a great boat for us two;)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,941 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

Wait until you get to Mauritius and then ask around if someone is willing to share with you? Meanwhile someone might see this whos going at the same time and shares your passion and agrees to share? Its happened before on this forum! Me, I get seasick, so not for me sorry!

Good luck,

Westcliff-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
184 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

Just got back on the weekend from Trou aux Biches, and used :-

sites.google.com/site/alainmariejeanne/home

for a very successful (if windy) morning fishing outside the TAB reef, which resulted in a fantastic couple of fish suppers.

The guys who went out the day after caught even more than I did.

Cost me Euro 125 for six hours, although we did have to leave at 04:00 in the morning because of the tides, which was a bit a strain to say the least !!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,941 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

Yes it has been windy - wouldn't get me out on the sea in that!

Thanks for that useful information and so pleased you had a good time!

Regards

6. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2011, 12:35
7. Re: Ffishing in Grand Baie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie