We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

Pittsfield, MA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

Hello. We are traveling to the area. Staying 2 nights in Lake George and then on Saturday August 31, we will be heading to Saratoga Spa Park during the day. We have tickets to a concert at SPAC that night at 7pm. My question is what is there to do at the park during day before the concert. I thought there are pools there but wanted to know what else. Also if we use the pools , are there changing areas we could change before we go to concert? Are there places to get food? We have premier parking for the concert does that not make sense if we are already in the park? Sorry for all the questions but I am unfamiliar with this area. Thank you so much!

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

There are pools in the park. There are pavilions with grills and picnic areas. There are places to change. There is also golf, but good luck getting a tee time in August. If I was you, I would spend some time in town instead of the park - unless you really love to swim and picnic all day long. If you go in to town you can shop, eat, go sight seeing etc. Then head to the park a few hours before the show. The special parking is the way to go because it can get crazy there when there is a concert. You can eat at SPAC, but its mostly fast food and very expensive.

Pittsfield, MA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

Thank you so much!

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

you may also want to attempt to go to the track? Its fun for people watching and if you are into horse racing/betting you could have a great day. Cheap entry fee, good food, drinks - some entertainment between races and not too far from SPAC. Just another option.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

Great advice above from Cab!

I would just like to add that there are several entrances to the park, and for two of them you must pay an entrance fee. More info can be found here:

nysparks.com/parks/…SaratogaSpaParkMap.pdf

There is a neat geyser to visit (#7 on the map), if you are interested. There is a trail from the SPAC East lot, with no entrance fee.

I would choose to spend the day at the track and have lunch at the Shake Shack, if you haven't been. Bring some folding chairs. Have a great trip!

Pittsfield, MA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

Thank you both for your help!

6. Re: Need info about Saratoga Spa Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Saratoga Springs