We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington and Saratoga

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Burlington and Saratoga

My husband and I (early 40s) are considering a July 4 week trip. We are considering splitting the week between Burlington and Saratoga. We are active, love good food and winne culture and interesting places. Will there be enough (or too much) in these places? Thanks!

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
205 reviews
1. Re: Burlington and Saratoga

There is plenty to do in Saratoga, the Hudson Valley (NY) and in Burlington. Take the ferry across Lake Champlain over the Burlington for a relaxing ride. In addition to the spa state park and other parks and gardens in Saratoga, there are many mansions and gardens (including the Roosevelt homes in Hyde Park) and pleasant river towns in the Hudson Valley region. You could check out a bit of the Adirondack Mountains on the way to Burlington. The drive along Lake George over to Lake Champlain is a gorgeous option.

Shelburne Farms and the Shelburne Museum are a couple of worthwhile nearby Burlington attractions.

I imagine there will be Independece Day celebrations in/around both places.

Have a great time!

Edited: 13 February 2017, 22:25
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Burlington and Saratoga

Great advice from rjr!

I agree, there will be plenty to do in and around both communities. If you enjoy hiking, that alone could fill your time. If you enjoy biking, you may want to bring or rent bikes (Saratoga Battlefields, Warren-Washington bike path, and Crown Point). Also, July 3rd there is a great live show (love the Wood Brothers) at SPAC (outdoor amphitheater). There are some great breweries in Burlington. There will be fireworks everywhere in the area, but I highly recommend one of the steamboat tours on Lake George for viewing. Enjoy your trip!

3. Re: Burlington and Saratoga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2018, 06:17