We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to eat

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Best place to eat

What is the best place to eat in/around Oneonta?

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Best place to eat

Brooks Chicken is always a must. Most of the Italian places are really good, such as Stella Luna, Ruffino's, Mama Nina's, Italian Kitchen etc.

I like most of the pizza joints, too. (Tino's is now Cosmo's, but still tasty).

Applebees is Applebees, but it works. Farm House is excellent, as is Christophers.

All depends on what kind of eats you are looking for. Any tastes you are specifically looking for?

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Best place to eat

I can't wait to head back to Brook's. I wasn't much of a BBQ fan 5 years ago. That has changed now.

I am not quite sure what I am looking for. I just know I will be eating dinner there and I want to be able to suggest something other than neptune or applebees.

How is the steak house down off the same road as the wal-mart. I remember them having fresh bread.

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Best place to eat

A steakhouse off the same road as Wal-Mart? I'm thinking you are talking about Christopher's? It's an excellent place to eat and I've never really had a bad meal there. Decent meals and worth trying.

And actually, if you are looking for a steak -- JT's Place is a steak joint of sorts, not that I think of it. Always forget about it because they are tucked away in the west end. But this is a place I would highly recommend heading to. Great food and pretty solid places.

It's down at the far end of Chestnut St., but it's tucked back a little, so keep an eye out once you hit the four-way intersection near the Hess/Valero that is just past Dairy Queen. If you are making your way from the main city on Chestnut, go through that intersection and it's past the Valero on the left.

For more local spots, the Farm House is also a good place to eat. Good salad bar with the meals.

As I said before, most of the Italian places are solid.

4. Re: Best place to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:18