We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
victoria australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

Dear All,

Have just had a look at the map and think I should have looked more closely before I booked. We are staying at Esperas in late August. It looks like a steep climb to go to restaurants or the mini marts or the bakery. Will it be a bit dangerous walking into good places to eat at night?...and more to the point-home again?

Any suggestions for restaurants not too far away?

Thanks!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

No danger whatsoever. The steps and pathways are all very well-lit, and as steep as the photos might make the steps look, they're not.

victoria australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

Thanks brotherlee!

We chose Oia to stay after reading a lot of information on the forum and your posts in particular. I know you recommended Laostaki (sp) to eat. Are there other good places you would suggest for great food? I have also read Ambrosia and Nectar. Does not have to have a view as I think the one from Esperas looks pretty good.

Not having been to Oia before, tricky for me to follow the map. And possibly even if I had been there- ......!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

Near to Esperas is Kastro, one of the village's best...even has a view! Also Skala, Pizza Edwin, Katina's Fish Taverna below Esperas in Amoudi Bay, Petros Fish Taverna in the vilage, and for a more upscale meal try Feredini. Ambrosia & Nectar is also a good one. For traditional Greek food at a good price try Anemomilos Hotel Restaurant, and for some casual live music while you eat dinner go to Santorini Mou on the outskirts of Oia across from Perivolas Villas.

Be advised that seafood is sold by weight so be sure to get the price of what you want to order before you commit.

victoria australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

Fantastic brotherlee. I have saved them in my 'favourites' and thanks for the tip regarding weight.

Cheers

Walpole, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

My husband and I stayed at Esperas this past May. We did not find the steps to be a problem. They were easy to navigate at night and as brotherlee mentions well-lit. The exercise was good too with all the great food :) Esperas was a fantastic place to stay and Oia is just amazing. Hope you have a wonderful trip..

6. Re: Get fit for Esperas tradional houses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 10:23