We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best lodging at sipapu?

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
14 reviews
best lodging at sipapu?

Based on their website, I am thinking the duplexes might be best, but they don't have many photos, so I can't tell.

The things that are important to us are proximity to the slopes, a tv, a fireplace, a kitchen, and comfort.

Do they rent movies?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,349 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: best lodging at sipapu?

Sipapu is a very small and semi-isolated ski area/resort. All lodging is near the ski area. Plan on minimal services as you will be far from any big box stores. Make sure that there is snow before you head there. Right now there is minimal snow in Northern NM ski areas. Hopefully this week will bring some needed snow and cold temps for snowmaking.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: best lodging at sipapu?

I really really like Sipapu. Such a value! Great for families, children learning. Old style lodge, very amiable and relaxed there. Uncrowded. You end up getting lots of personal attention. Seems to me you park right at the lodge. I think they get plenty of snow usually. It is very small. I think there's only a good handful of accommodations there. Mostly "cabins". I wouldn't expect anything new. You should expect simple, maybe even rustic, but clean. Agree that Duplex looks to be best and seems to have what you want.

(I tried staying in lodging there many, many years ago. It was a so-called apartment, I think, and it was a bit too rustic for me. After that, I commuted to Sipapu...it's easier than you think....and I often advise people to stay in Taos and drive to Sipapu. About 20 miles.)

I hope someone comes on with direct experience of the duplexes. I think if you get best they offer you'll do great! You can't beat the value, and it's really a wonderful place for families and young children learning to ski. I highly recommend Sipapu for skiing.

3. Re: best lodging at sipapu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Vadito
Recent Conversations