We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guests per vehicle

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Guests per vehicle

We're considering a couple of nights in Timbavati next year after self driving in Kruger. Do any of the lodges there guarantee no more than 6 guests per vehicle?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guests per vehicle

I am sure there are more but 2 I can think of are Tanda Tula & Kings camp, probably Makanyani too.

Sandy - owner - Love Africa Travel

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guests per vehicle

After being on your own for a few days, it can be fun with a large group. Unless you are serious photographers and everyone rotates seating on each drive, it's ok. Generally only the more expensive lodges limit guests. We have gotten lucky and had few or no other guests on some drives, others full. But I also prefer communal dining and staying at smaller owner operated/managed lodges, or community owned lodges. Sometimes it can be difficult to determine if lodges limit visitors per vehicle.

Bateleur Main Camp (not the SanParks rest camp) only has 8 beds so no more than 8/vehicle. Try Motswari and Senalala, too, but not sure. They are all in Klaserie, adjacent to Timbavati.

3. Re: Guests per vehicle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2017, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...
More Timbavati Private Nature Reserve Topics