We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Sands River Lodge

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
142 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Sands River Lodge

We're flying into Nelspruit in mid November, headed to Lion Sands River Lodge, and I have a couple of questions should anyone know the answers.

1.) Whats the weather like in the area during mid November? Should I load up on rain gear, or prepare for heavy sun?

2.) How long/far is the drive from Nelspruit to Lion Sands?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lion Sands River Lodge

Just returned 4 days ago from a wonderful month long trip to Africa and the highlight for sure was our 3 nights stay at River Lodge. It is a wonderful place and they really go all out to make your stay special. The lodge is beautiful and so comfortable, the food great and every meal was in a different location, the most memorable was the dinner in the middle of the bush. Our ranger Deitrick and tracker Kruger were truly wonderful and went above and beyond to give us the most amazing experience on the game drives where we saw the Big Five. We couldn't believe how close we got to the animals. An experience we will never forget.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
142 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lion Sands River Lodge

Incredible experience!!!! Saw the big 5 by the second day! Wonderful place to have your game viewing experience. Great staff, great food, magnificent surroundings.

The weather could have been a bit warmer......but I suppose you can't have everything.

13. Re: Lion Sands River Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve