We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nottens vs Inyati

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Nottens vs Inyati

Hi everyone!

My husband and I will be visiting in Dec and are deciding between one of the abovementioned 2 lodges. I’ve heard great things about both, which makes it very difficult to decide. Would appreciate any advice regarding these properties! Thanks in advance (:

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

Both in the Sabi Sand, so they are both part of the Greater Kruger National Park (no fences between sabi sand and Kruger)...

Nottens is about 20-30% cheaper on website advertised rates.... but this will NOT increase or decrease the quality of game drives...

The difference will include things like luxury of rooms / lodge.. inlcusions (alcohol, laundry etc)... and even then, you may find nottens has alot of those anyway

Purely on a price point, I'd say nottens

Edited: 23 August 2018, 00:50
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

Does Nottens have air conditioning? Nottens has a more rustic feel. They are very different - check them out on the website and see the differences. I’d choose Inyati but it’s more my style.

United States
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

What is your criteria and what are you expecting out of your experience? Inyati sits in the west and traverses the entire west along with all of the other lodges there. They try to limit the amount of pax to 6 but don't guarantee it and right now the last 2 remaining Matimba Male lions have settled in there, so for me, that would be my pick. Plus, I personally love the western sector.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

As noted - these two lodges are quite different..

There would be a larger area for game drives at Inyati, and one of their chalet types is very nice - The 4 standard luxury chalets with extra length king-sized beds. Their Rates page does not differentiate between these luxury chalets and their standard chalets - but there is indeed a difference (though the rates are the same). If I were going to stay there, I would want to have one of those four guaranteed to me, but they usually cannot do that because they cannot predict months in advance which chalets will be available and which will not be.

Nottens is owned and operated by the Notten family - and that special and unusual quality is reflected in the experience for their guests. You really do feel 'at home'. I love the place, personally.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

Hi everyone! Thanks for the advice. We’ve decided on Nottens as we’re quite interested in experiencing something more ‘rustic’. Would appreciate any other advice on transfers etc as well (:

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Nottens vs Inyati

Contact Notten's regarding transfers.. If guests fly into (and out of) the Skukuza airport, Notten's does the transfers at a very reasonable cost. If you are self-driving, the Shaw's Gate is the one to use, to enter the Sabi Sand Reserve.

Reply to: Nottens vs Inyati
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve