We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

Chester, United...
1 post
Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

Hi, I’m currently planning our honeymoon for September next year and I’ve narrowed down our safari lodge choice to either Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge. The travel agent has quoted a price of only £180 difference in the cost of the two lodges and so this will not be a deciding factor. There are some plus points to each - Dulini River Lodge has been recently renovated and looks amazing and has heated plunge pools whereas there is the opportunity to stay in a treehouse with Tinga.

However, the most important thing for us is the game viewing experience and as Tinga is in Kruger and Dulini in Sabi Sands will this affect the quality/variety of animals that we potentially could see?

Does anyone have any information that can help us decide which Lodge to book? We are both into photography and you can hire camera equipment with Dulini. Is this possible with Lion Sands as this may be a factor to take into account.

I’m sure we will have an amazing experience at whichever we stay but I’m interested as to whether the Kruger/Sabi Sands element is an important difference or not!

Many thanks

3 replies to this topic
SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

I have been fortunate enough to stay at Tinga as well as Dulini River Lodge. Both are excellent options byt my choice would be Dulini. Their new River Lodge rooms are absolutely beautiful - this is without a doubt one of the most beautiful safari lodges in Southern Africa! Game viewing in my experience has always been better at Dulini. It is possible to rent photographic equipment at both of these lodges. Photographic rental equipment can be delivered to any lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park, no problem at all.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

Of those two, I’d choose Dulini River. But I’d consider the new Lion Sands River and Mala Mala Rattrays (by far my choice if I ever travel high end again). Dulini has a honeymoon special in 2018 so be sure to request for 2019.

Congratulations!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

Yes, Dulini River. It 'lived' for years as the Exeter River lodge.. Nice, but a step down from Dulini. This new version moves into the top tier of desirable lodges.

Reply to: Dulini River Lodge or Lion Sands Tinga Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve