We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

Hello,

I have to decide where to book between Bamboo Cottages, Gio Bien and Bo Resort!

Bamboo has really good reviews on TA, the price is ok ($54) but I noticed the cottages are semi detached.

Bo is more expansive at $65 a night and Gio Bien seems nice from their website and on the budget side at $35 but there is only one review. Has anybody been there recently??

We're a couple in our thirties, looking for a quiet spot and good food. We will rent a bike to go around and we'll do some diving.

HCM
Level Contributor
16 posts
1. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

I saw the sea breeze resort is beautiful but the price is cheap. you should choose it, my own opinion.

to learn more about Phu Quoc island. visit web site www.phuquoc12.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

Hello,

thanks for your reply, I looked at the map and Gio Bien looks very isolated, we will have a motorbike but how is the road from there to Duong Dong?

Thanks!

HCM
Level Contributor
16 posts
3. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

oh, Where are you now

you can see the map below. run street Tran hung Dao from Duong Dong

http://www.maps.google.com/maps?q=m%C5%A9i+d%C6%B0%C6%A1ng,Ph%C3%BA+Qu%E1%BB%91c,+Ki%C3%AAn+Giang&hl=vi&ie=UTF8&ll=10.051515,104.023705&spn=0.090091,0.169086&sll=10.273033,103.984222&sspn=0.720224,1.352692&vpsrc=6&hnear=M%C5%A9i+Con+D%C6%B0%C6%A1ng&t=m&z=13

more visit : www.phuquoc12.com

Edited: 17 October 2011, 02:06
HCM
Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

map here from Duong Dong

www.g.co/maps/8gr6y

copy and paste

more visit : www.phuquoc12.com

Edited: 17 October 2011, 02:09
Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

Bamboo Cottages and Bo Resort both nice and on the north west coast whereas Gio Bien is at the top on the northern side, the north west coast has nicer beaches but Gio Bien is certainly in a more secluded spot with a good reasonably priced restaurant/bunglalows, i have been going there for many years now to eat.

If you have a motorbike to travel about then you can always plonk yourself there.

There are certainly many other places around Duong Dong and Long Beach but it sounds like you want a bit of seclusion so it may be a good choice for you, i think the bunglalows are less than 2 yrs old.

Rohan

http://www.visitphuquoc.info

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

Hi Rohan,

thanks for your reply, I'm going in January and every other place I contacted is fully booked, those 3 places are my only options! We do like privacy and quiet and prefer small resorts with not many bungalows. We love food and we'd like to eat at the resort but also go to the night market. We love swimming and snorkeling as well. Based on this which one would you pick?

Hehe...the hard decisions in life...!

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

as i said the beach is certainly nicer where Bamboo Cottages and Bo Resort are ....Bo my preference out of the two.

or if you really wanted something different and small, were prepared to travel to the other beaches Gio Bien is worth a try, you would also tend to see more vietnamese customers visiting in the daytime there to eat.

8. Re: Bamboo Cottages, Bo or Gio Bien??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island