We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc to Cambodia

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Phu Quoc to Cambodia

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are looking to spend a few relaxing days in Phu Quoc and are travelling onwards to Cambodia from here. Is there anyway of going straight from Phu Quoc to Cambodia or do you have to go to Ha Tien for the border crossing?

Also, can you suggest any good cheap accommodation in Phu Quoc. We are budget travellers but willing to pay a tiny bit more to have a few days with a pool if possible. Is Long Beach the best area to stay? We are in our early 20's so would be going out for meals and maybe a few drinks at night too.

Thank You

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Phu Quoc to Cambodia

Hi!

Currently you must go via Ha Tien but works are in the progress perhaps next year.

No places here are cheap with a pool tho Cassia Cottage (small pool) and Eden resort (biggest best pool!) are about mid range price.

Without a pool hiepthanhresort - Beachfront bungalows might be a good option a little less price.

There's mainly restaurants and places to drink on the main road into town in the long beach area, grab a free phu quoc map when you get here!

What time of the year are you coming?

Cheers!

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Phu Quoc to Cambodia

Thanks for your quick reply We are actually looking to arrive in around a week. We are currently in the Mekong Delta area and want to head to Phu Quoc for a few days before going to Cambodia.

Thanks for the border crossing info, we will just have to do it that way.

Accommodation looks good, pool ones a bit out of our budget though :( so looks like we will be going for a nice place next to the beach. Thanks again.

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Phu Quoc to Cambodia

No worries, i am usually at Buddy Cafe most mornings for brekky with my kids if u want to say gday!

:-)

4. Re: Phu Quoc to Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:18