We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is phu quoc cheap

London, United...
1 post
Is phu quoc cheap

Hi me and my wife are going to phu quoc in November for two weeks full board. We normally take cash and card just Incase. Just trying to find out if it is cheap there or a bit pricey. Some people say it is and others say no cheap as chips. Looking for ao2me good fedback realy

3 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Is phu quoc cheap

Problem with words like 'cheap', 'pricey', 'not too expensive' is that everyone has a different idea of what the mean.

It also depends on what you plan to do. Drink cocktails in a high end resort/rent a car/just lie on the beach.

Here's a start: https:/… A couple of years old, but add 10% or so and you won't be far off.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Is phu quoc cheap

Generally areas frequented by tourists are a bit more expensive than the rest of the country. And in tourist areas, moving back a few streets from the main areas can save you money.

Rach Gia, Vietnam
Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Is phu quoc cheap

On average the island is about 20 to 30% more expensive than the mainland. That said, Vietnam now being the cheapest country in the region, is still cheap.

Paradoxically, the things you would expect to be much more expensive because they are heavy and bulky and have to be shipped in, are not :Example alcoholic beverages about the same as on the mainland :Dalat wine 65 to 90 K, cần of beer around 10000, bottle of Hanoi Vodka 85000, exactly the same as across the water.

Locally made baguettes or noodles, on the other hand, are 50% more expensive :A baguette sandwich is 15000 on the island 10000 in the rest of the delta area.

So, if you are a drinker like myself, there is nothing to worry. If , on the other hand,you eat like a horse, stay on the mainland.

Reply to: Is phu quoc cheap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island
Recent Conversations