We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching NRL games

Coffs Harbour, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Watching NRL games

Gday all. My first trip to Bali coincides with a couple of NRL games, most notably the Grand Final. Where can I watch these games? Is there an Aussie pub? Something? Anything? (I am a Rabbits fan)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
407 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Sydney
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching NRL games

Indonational on Padma St in Legian shows football. Its a cab ride from Seminyak though.

Honestly, with the amount of Aussies in Bali, you wont find it too difficult to find somewhere I dont think.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 23:43
Mentioned in this post
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
6,734 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching NRL games

Hi

Haven't been in Seminyak for a while but I found a really good sports bar in Seminyak square last year. It was upstairs. It's called Adrenalin and I think its listed on Trip Advisor.

HTH

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak Square
Seminyak Square
631 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
76 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watching NRL games

If you are staying at the northern end of Legian, the best place is Champs which is near the Jayakarta Hotel and KP. If you are in the Legian area closer to Kuta there is a bar called the YBar which also has a bookie operating on Wed and Sat. If you are staying up towards Tuban, opposite the Discovery Shopping Centre is the Bamboo Bar. Last week when we were there all the bars were having trouble getting the games on Foxtel, but I guess finals will not be Foxtel games?

Mentioned in this post
The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
The Jayakarta Bali Beach...
1,665 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Tuban
Tuban
Kuta, Indonesia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
822 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watching NRL games

Allan

if you get a chance have a look around at the bars - they will advertise that hey are showing the game on blackboards abd signs on the footpath or the front of the bar. if you find a place you like the look of, make a booking as it gets packed and you may find yourself standing in a corner.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watching NRL games

The Adrenaline Bar as previously mentioned will definitely show it. It is located on level 1 of Seminyak Square.

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak Square
Seminyak Square
631 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watching NRL games

The Adrenaline Bar for sure. I watched last year's grand final there, big crowd and there was a flash mob in the car park afterwards! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8RMPloYdU

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Watching NRL games

Adrenalin and also Nirvana will have them on. I'm here now and am watching both games this week, you won't miss off, let's just hope the Rabbitohs don't let you down

Coffs Harbour, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Watching NRL games

Thanks all for the replys. Will probably see you Stevo at Adrenaline, cheering the Bunnies smashing manly this week. Bring on the cold Bintangs!

9. Re: Watching NRL games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:17