We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

I have always promised myself I would get a nice leather jacket made on one of my trips to Bali. Any recommendations in the Seminyak area?

I have a fair idea of the style/colour I am after and want to be able to present someone with a drawing or photographs. We will be in seminyak for 5 days before moving onto Sanur.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

Hi nediztu

Can you please send me a PM as I can't find the 'message' box on your profile! Has it been disabled?

Thanks

Cheer

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

I am on an iPad at the moment and am having difficulties accessing my profile! Will keep hunting...or will try and get back to my desktop later..ahhh technology.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

One of my local friends has suggested I go to a shop next to Bank Mega to get one made.

This is the best I have for location. Bank Mega Jl Raya Basangkasa. It looks close to where Sunset Road finishes

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

I don,t have the exact address But... I have over the years had lots of leather clothes (including a very cute pair of leather shorts ) made at a place called Devin, it is in the street that runs off Jalan Raya down to the beach it is called Jalan Dhyana Pura (and many other names) some streets in Bali have two names but this is the street that leads to the Old sofitel hotel and Gado Gado, it's not hard to find. The leather shop is a bit over half way down and if you are walking down from Jalan Raya it is on the right hand side only a very small shop which does not look too fancy, next door to a store which sells bali Art. Everything both my husband and I ordered was on time, well priced and good quality and we are a bit fussy. So go for it!

Edited: 26 February 2012, 22:58
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

Though not in Seminyak but in Kuta is Anika Tailor.

I was there last December and had a sut made by them and the workmanship is excellent.. Whilst I was in the shop, I noticed they make leather jackets as well.On checking a few completed ones, the leather was soft and supple, comparable to a Versage I own....at $2K+. From memory, their price was arounf $360.

Kadex, the owner of the shop will pick you up from your hotel and drop you back at no costs.

Check them out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

Just back from Bali. Had a leather jacket and two bags made for our daughter who was not with us. Second time we have used

TB Leather Shop, Jl. Abimanyu No.11A(ex Dhyana Pura). Just gave measurements and pictures. Only took about 3 days. Very happy with result.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

We have just returned and were not going to get any leather as the place we used last year didn't really do a good job.

We were walking back to our villa and say a new leather shop and thought we would stop in. Funnily I recognised the guy in there as Terry who we had bought some great leather off 2 years ago in another shop.

To cut a long story short we bought several jackets, shoes, belts and a laptop bag that I designed. All items are awesome and look stunning.

The icing on the cake is the shop is co-owned by Terry (the leather wizard) and an Aussie girl. You can really detect the female touch in there.

The shop is called 2nd Skin and it is about 20m Kuta side of the entry to Potato Head.

8. Re: Best place to have a leather jacket made Seminyak area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:41