We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Hout Bay

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
623 reviews
Where to stay in Hout Bay

Hi

I'm looking to start off our holiday in November with 2 nights in Hout Bay. I wanted to stay at The Tarragon, but they have a 3 night minimum stay, so back to TA!

I have found 2 places on Mount Rhodes Drive - the Dreamhouse and Villa Montebello and also Le Marais, which looks as though it is on the way into Hout Bay from Constantia.

Any thoughts on the best place to stay location wise.

The isea of staying in Hout Bay, was to take a drive down to the Cape Peninsula via Chapman's Peak and back via Simon's Town and also to do a spot of wine tasting in Constantia and Kirstenbosch.

Also I will definitely be wanting to take a trip in the evening to eat at Bistro 1682 at Steenberg

Any advise, will be most welcome

Thanks

Lisa

15 replies to this topic
Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
11. Re: Where to stay in Hout Bay

Just be careful in Patternoster as it a crime freeking burglars nest! Go somewhere else, perhaps then the local authorities will address the issues there.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
12. Re: Where to stay in Hout Bay

Just be careful in Patternoster as it a crime freeking burglars nest! Go somewhere else, perhaps then the local authorities will address the issues there.

Cape Town, Western...
1 post
1 review
13. Re: Where to stay in Hout Bay

Hi Lisa

There are a number of places for you to stay in Hout Bay. However the best person to assist you with any accommodation or activity queries is Jenny Nelson from TOBI in Hout Bay.

Feel free to contact her at info@houtbayholiday.co.za

See what is on offer www.houtbayholiday.co.za

Hope you enjoy your stay..

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
623 reviews
14. Re: Where to stay in Hout Bay

Carmy A

This looks suspiciously like advertising?

This was also a very old post from February. I actually decided to stay in Constantia in the end, close to the restaurats I wanted to visit

Lisa

15. Re: Where to stay in Hout Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 13:05

Reply to: Where to stay in Hout Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hout Bay
More Hout Bay Topics