We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting into NYC from Linden

Richmond, Virginia...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting into NYC from Linden

I am staying at the Hampton Inn, Linden and going into the city. Would it be viable to drive to the Staten Island Ferry terminal, park and take the ferry? I have priced out the train and it would be $50 round trip for the four of us. I saw that parking near the ferry terminal averages $5 a day. I have no idea about the traffic situation. We would be traveling on Wednesday July 9 & Thursday July 10th. I am trying to keep our costs down. Thanks!!

7 replies to this topic
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
9,180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

What part of NYC do you want to go to, it seems your main interest is Manhattan? You could also take a bus there. Put bus in the “TRIP PLANNER” here:

www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv…

Yes, you can easily drive to Staten Island for the free ferry, then you need to park in a lot nearby ($8 daily for municipal lots), or ride around to find an un-metered parking spot if you’re up to walking a few blocks. Avoid rush hours for minimal traffic.

https://goo.gl/maps/Af1aQ

nyc.gov/html/…staten-island-ferry.shtml

Enjoy

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

Don't forget the $13 bridge toll.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

Why are you staying in Linden? Are you visiting people there or is the purpose to visit NYC?

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
9,180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

brookquarry is correct ~ Thanks for the reminder. There is a $13 car toll on the Goethals Bridge, but only paid, (as on all the NJ to NYC other bridges and tunnels), upon entering NYC—leaving is free;-)

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

We did the Staten Island Ferry last year and it was awesome ... a beautiful ride past the Statue of Liberty, a short walk to the 9/11 Memorial and then the subway up to times Sq made for a well rounded 'tourist' day in NY.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

Dude this thread is from 2014

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting into NYC from Linden

I know this thread was dug up from 2 years ago BUT if anyone thinks it is a good idea to park at the SI Ferry and go into Manhattan-DONT. There is no longer adequate parking at the ferry due to construction.

Reply to: Getting into NYC from Linden
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Linden
Recent Conversations