We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

I am staying in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, next weekend for an event and want to go into Manhattan for the day. We live in central NY and whenever we go to NYC, we drive to Poughkeepsie and leave our car there and take the Metro North Railroad into Grand Central Station, so I'm not familiar with transportation in New Jersey. We're trying to avoid having to drive our car into the city. Is there a train similar to Metro North that we could take into the city? Our hotel has a shuttle that could take us to a bus station and then take a bus to Penn Station, but it's a long ride and on the return trip, we need to be somewhere at a certain time and don't want to risk being late waiting for the hotel shuttle, so it would be better if we parked and had access to our car on the way back. It seems like there has to be a commuter train or something going from this area of NJ into the city where we could then get on the subway and go into Manhattan. If anyone can give me any information, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

'

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
1. Re: Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

www.njtransit.com

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

There is no train from Hasbruck Heights to NYC however you can get on at Teterboro and take the train to Secucus and chnge there.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

Thanks. From what I could find out, it looks like the train at Teterboro does not run on weekends, which is when we need it. But there is one that goes from Wood-Ridge to Secaucus, so I guess we'll take a cab from Hasbrouck Heights to Wood-Ridge and get the train there. Does anyone have any idea how much a cab would be?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

Essex Street would be closer to the Hotel.

5. Re: Train from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ into NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Hasbrouck Heights