We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Ireland
5 posts
North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Hi,

I have a bit of an unusual request!

I'll be in North Conway on vacation from Ireland in mid-October.

As a big rugby fan, I'd like to be able to watch the Rugby World Cup quarter-final games, which will be taking place at the same time as I'll be in North Conway.

I know rugby is not a high profile sport in the US, but would there be a sports bar in the area that would be showing the matches on TV? An Irish bar maybe?

Thanks for your insight!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,162 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Mae Kelly's is the Irish place. You'll find a plethora of pubs and bars with multiple screens for sporting events.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,376 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Horsefeathers, Tuckerman's, Red Parka, Red Fox, Moat Mountain, Flat Bread all have multiple TV's. I am sorry don't remember which one's hav "big screen" as opposed to multiple screen. You should be able to get any of these to put on at least one screen but certainly RR's suggestion would be a great place to start.

Twin Mountain, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

You can try May Kelly's Cottage in Conway. The owner is from Ireland and I believe one of the last times that I was in there, the rugby match was on. Enjoy your visit!

Twin Mountain, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Sorry if I didn't mention it before but May Kelly's is a restaurant with a bar area that has TV's.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,236 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

Red Fox Bar and Grille on Rt 16 in Jackson may be a possibility if none of your other options pan out.... their bar area has seven or eiight flat-screen tv's.... You might be able to get them to put your match on one of them. But I'd probably start wiith Mae Kelly's first as your best-bet.

6. Re: North Conway Sports Bar Recommendation (Rugby World Cup)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2016, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about North Conway
Recent Conversations